(This "essay" prolly contains lots of errors. I won't bother
checking out every minute detail.)

Levels of speech according to Sanskrit grammarians(?):

- vaikharii

- madhyamaa

- pasyantii

- paraa

The long vowel at the end of each word perhaps shows that the
implied head-word of those adjectives(?) is a feminine gender
noun, perhaps 'vaak' (speech), whose lemma ("dictionary form")
is 'vaac' (pronunciation: vaach):

vAc     f. speech, voice, sound, word, language, discourse; also speech
personif. or the goddess of speech, Sarasvati1.

During mantrameditation, mantra prolly starts from the madhyamaa
("inner speech"??) level, and hopefully "dives" all the way to
the paraa or transcendental level, and stays there for a shorter
or longer while.

The finest level of speech (paraa) prolly corresponds to
the alin.ga (a-ling-gah: "not-lin.ga_ish") stage of the guNas:

suukSma-viSayatvaM caalin.ga-paryavasaanam (YS I 45)

Taimni's translation:

The province of /samaadhi/ concerned with subtle objects extends
up to the /alinga/ stage of the /guNas/.

aliGga  n. absence of marks Comm. on Nya1yad. , (mfn.) having no marks Nir.
Mun2d2Up. &c. ; (in Gr.) having no gender.

(In Harvard-Kyoto transliteration scheme, 'G' represents
the velar nasal, English 'ng', as in 'thing')