> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo" <richardhughes103@> wrote:

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:
<snip>
> > > For the record, as a matter of principle, I
> > > don't respond to questions or make statements
> > > under threat of being "certified" as a Bad
> > > Person if I decline.
> >
> > Ooh how convenient.

Obviously it's the *opposite* of convenient.

> And how cowardly.

No, what's cowardly is *responding* to a question
posed in such a manner. But what's even *more*
cowardly is posing it that way in the first place.

It doesn't really take much courage, however, for
me to risk being called a coward by Barry. It's
only Barry's exaggerated sense of self-importance
that leads him to think anybody would take his
threat seriously.

<snip>
> Having posted these questions, I have been
> quietly sitting back and allowing those who
> still have a pair of balls on them (and I
> think we all know who that does *not* include)
> to have a go at answering them. And the "pat
> answers" provided *would*, in fact, qualify
> those who provided them for "Almost TM Teacher"
> status. They were right out of the TMO playbook.

Note that Barry's framing of the questions is
deliberately ambiguous, so he can play both
ends against the middle. The "pat" responses a
committed TM teacher would give would be very
different from those I would give, for example;
but even the most outspoken TM critic could
easily provide *the same "pat" answers* as the
committed TM teacher (especially since most of
the critics here have *been* TM teachers).

In other words, being able to provide the "pat"
answers says nothing in and of itself about the
person providing them (except perhaps about how
good their memory is).

And then the ultimate in Barry-irony:

<snip>
> The means are not justified by the ends. The means
> ARE the end. If you lie by commission or omission
> to theoretically achieve a "good end," you are still
> performing the action of lying. And that action has
> a karma attached to it.

How much karma does Barry think is attached to his
countless performances of the act of lying on FFL
(and earlier on alt.m.t)?

But let's see how Barry gets around this little
problem. The following is from a post of Barry's on
alt.m.t back around 2003 that I ran across awhile
ago and have been saving:

"Instead of the notion of a fixed 'reality,' we
[Buddhists, in context] tend to believe that there
are different ways of *perceiving* the world around us.
If you glom onto to one of them, and decide that this
particular way of seeing things represents 'reality,'
then that way of seeing *becomes* your reality....

"Since we [Buddhists] are not attached to any
particular description of the world as being 'reality,'
we are free to choose the description that seems most
appropriate to the moment, and just go with it."

Gosh, I wonder whether this is where I first got the
idea that Barry prefers to create his own reality?

But we have to realize that *only Buddhists like
Barry* get to choose the description of reality that
seems most appropriate to the moment. Others--especially
TMers--must choose the description of reality that is
most appropriate *to Barry* at the moment. Otherwise,
you see, we are being dishonest and accruing bad
karma.

Then just to finish off this excursion into
Barry-irony-lalaland:

"To respond to insults on the level of insults, one
has to enter the state of attention of insults.  I've
done more than enough of that over the years here,
dude.  I think it's time for a change."

Well, apparently it wasn't time just *quite* yet.