On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 3:20 PM, curtisdeltablues
<curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I've been to India and have Indian close friends.  Of course it is my own
> experiences with this culture and its customs that are a part of my opinion.
> So I draw my personal opinion for personal experiences.  So are you, we just
> have come to different conclusions.

I've been to India a few times but have spent a lot of time in the
Middle East.  I've gotten used to walking down the street hand in hand
with another guy and swapping spit with him.  Being straight, this of
course first made me very, very uncomfortable to the extreme, but I'm
a good actor so I never let on.  This sort of show of affection is
common in many parts of the world between men and between women.  I
remember that my mother used to walk down the street hand in hand with
her friends and I suspect that her father and mother walked arm in arm
down the street in old country.