>From the first note, she was so extraordinary -- I thought this must be a
>total set-up -- or a dubbing cheap trick joke. But as she continued, it was
>clearer with each note that she was herself.

As the blonde judge said, "its a total wake-up call", the largest possible
chasm between expectation and deliverance, exposed. The huge divide between
pigeonholing this archetypically mediocre appearing person and her gift.  A
wake up call that the mind has such huge ingrained, inbred, uneducated reflex
biases-- that its astounding we can tie our shoes in the morning.

(by the way, can we trade the blonde judge for Paula).