--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, I am the eternal <l.shad...@...> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 8:06 AM, Richard J. Williams <willy...@...> wrote:
> > guyfawkes wrote:
> > Yeah, very strange that the Europeans are among
> > the most racist groups of people on the planet,
> > but it's not surprising, since we've known this
> > since before WW II.
> >
> > "A poll commissioned by the ADL shows that 33%
> > of Europeans blame the Jews for the financial
> > meltdown. A mind-boggling 74% Spaniards think
> > so."
>
> And the Europeans have a reason to be racist against the Jews.  When
> the massive voyages for trade began after Columbus "discovered"
> America, there was the need for lots of capital, i.e. banks.  Now the
> Christians decided that loaning money and collecting interest on it
> was not biblical, so the Jews were given/ordered to do the job.  The
> Jews did well in their new role as money lenders.  A lot of resentment
> was generated amongst the Christians and hence the numerous epic poems
> putting Jews in a bad light and the Shakespearean play where a pound
> of flesh was involved.
>
> Fast forward to Poland where the king of Poland realized that he
> wasn't turning the profit he wanted on his kingdom, so he divided it
> up and put Jews in charge of the pieces.  These Jews had the power of
> life and death over his subjects and of course their charge was to
> turn a handsome profit over to the king.  They had to, of course,
> prosper as well.   So of course the Europeans associated Jews with
> finance and further, as greedy bastards with no morals.  True or not,
> that's the way they were portrayed and old memories die hard.
>
> If certain asshats on FFL want to sling the judgement "racist' at me,
> I'll say ahead of time, kiss my ass.

What did you hope to accomplish with this post?
Haven't we seen this movie before.
The so-called Christians, bow down before thier Jewish God, Jesus...
So, they are the ultimate hypocites.
The original commandment for the Jews, was to not loan money at interest...
I'm not sure why this prejudice continues.
It's all so stupid.
Scapegoating does die hard.
It so much easier to point your finger, at some one else for your troubles...
It all just creates more karma to be worked out later.
Money, war and oil...
Follow the money.
R.G.