This has some interesting points about the teaching. This is from a while a ago
so you may want to amend some statements. But these points caught my eye.

Andrew here has to resort to distorting the context of my
response, as well as employing fractional truths and blatant
inaccuracies, in order to claim what I said is false.

The invitation to kneel doesn't come till the end of the
ceremony, and BY NO MEANS does the student "invariably" kneel.

ME:
The puja is actually a study in assumptive behavior.  It uses a number of
techniques similar to how a magician acquires compliance with his audience. (I
know some will object to my choice of magicians but I am purposely not using
con men who employ the same principles.)

We start: "You'd like to have a flower (as we hand them one) and witness the
ceremony...

Knowing what we know about how religious pujas are performed, the fact that
their flower will be offered takes away any doubt in how they participate.
They participate unknowingly unless they are familiar with Hindu pujas and then
it it obvious.
Judy:
We've discussed this before here, and TMers chimed in about their
own initiations; some knelt, some didn't.  I didn't.  There's no
pressure to do so.  Some who had more recently learned TM said
there hadn't even been an *invitation* to kneel.

ME:
No one if forced to kneel.  But the presumptive motion we make as we
kneel,indicating that they kneel worked every time I used it.  I never had
anyone in all my teaching, not kneel.  The impression that some do and some
don't is a vast overstatement of people who do not.  It would require a pretty
strong oppositional personality or a person who had their own religious
convictions to not go along.

Judy:
Even if the student *does* choose to kneel at the end, he or she
spends most of the ceremony standing off to the side, just
watching, contrary to the post I was responding to which claimed
by analogy, falsely, that the student was "on his knees"
throughout and very directly participated.

ME:
"Just watching" IS how you participate in a Hindu puja. They don't have the
call and response deal Christians have.

It is correct that they do not kneel the whole time of course.  The "off to the
side" thing is a bit slippery.  It is a small alter.  There is no room for them
to be shoulder to shoulder as the teacher is making the offerings.  And just
because they are looking at the religious alter from the side rather than
straight on doesn't change anything anyway.  At most Hindu pujas people are all
over the place as they participate in the puja by bringing offerings and paying
the priest and then just watching.  This is the only way for Hindus to
participate.  They don't keep saying AMEN.

Judy:
Here's what Andrew carefully omitted from what he quoted, the
part I was addressing (from Drew Olson):

   When the time comes to get the technique, he must first
   participate in a ceremony (the puja).  This consists of saying
   confession, taking Holy Communion, and having ashes rubbed on
   ones forehead, all the while on your knees

Andrew knows, of course, that this analogy is ludicrously
inaccurate.  But he figured he might have a better chance of
misleading readers if he deleted what I was responding to.  This
is absolutely typical of his tactics.  If the whole truth doesn't
serve his agenda, he does whatever's necessary to obscure it.

 The student also must bring fruit and a new

> handkerchief which he/she gives as an offering in the ceremony.

No, wrong again, Andrew.  The fruit and handkerchief (and
flowers--you forgot the flowers) are for the teacher who is going
to instruct the student, and they're given to the teacher when
the student walks into the room, BEFORE THE CEREMONY BEGINS, not
"in" the ceremony.  Giving fruit/flowers/hankerchief to the
teacher is not part of the ceremony.  There's even a brief
conversation in between giving them to the teacher and when the
teacher begins the ceremony.

ME:
Right giving fruit and flower and handkerchief is not part of the ceremony.
But it is as I mentioned the only way people ever participate in pujas.  The
priest makes the offerings for you and even hands you a flower to hold at the
beginning so there is not confusion that your flower has been offered.

Judy:
Moreover, if the student doesn't show up with fruit and
handkerchief and flowers, the center usually has a supply on
hand.

ME:
I take exception to this.  We sent them out to get the stuff if they came
without it.  I may have witnessed a few times when a handkerchief was supplied
for a person who didn't bring a white one. But people were told that they had
to bring this as a requirement for initiation.  It was not casual the way you
describe.  Many people asked me if they could just give me the money to get
them for them and we told them "no."

I do not remember what the instruction is, if we had the ability to teach them
if they brought nothing.  I'll look it up.  I don't remember because people
brought them or we sent them out to get them.

Judy:
Again, unless the student chooses to kneel at the very end of the
ceremony, he or she cannot be said to participate in it in any
way.  And even that minimal participation is entirely optional.

Me:
Now that you know more about traditional Hindu pujas you may want to amend this
claim. In a Hindu puja, you give the priest offerings to be made on your behalf
and you give him cash for his service.  The student who is not aware of how
pujas are done may be confused about their level of participation.

Judy:
Finally, it isn't even required that the student witness the
ceremony.  Susan Seifert pointed out that she had instructed
people who were incapable of witnessing it, let alone of kneeling
at the end.

Me:
I question this also.  I was not given permission to instruct anyone who did
not witness the puja.  Perhaps earlier teachers were given more leeway but for
my TTC, this was an absolute requirement.

As a teacher, we believed that the puja had a magical quality.  It was a way
for the blessing of Guru Dev to enliven the mantra, to activate it.  If you
went through TTC you would not think of it in the casual terms you are
describing here.  And if you never had to tell people older than you that they
had to get fruit flowers and handkerchief for you to teach them, you would
understand that this was also not a casual thing. We were taught that their
participation (unknowing) was a critical element in the success of their first
meditation.  We took it very seriously.  Your only argument is that the student
is unaware of how he is participating.  The idea that he is not participating
is false and gives a false impression of the religious nature of the belief
system of the movement.

Now the student is welcomed to think of it any way they want.  They can
misunderstand everything that is going on.  They can imagine that the words in
Sanskrit are the results from the day's horse races if they want.  But that
does not change the religious nature of the ceremony, their participation in it
or the layers of beliefs that support the insistence that it is performed every
time someone learns TM.

This ceremony of "gratitude" was also prescribed as a method for purification
of the world around the time of Maharishi's death.  Teachers in their homes,
doing pujas every day to magically purify the world. This is more reflective of
how the movement views the puja than the more casual description you have
given.