--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchy...@...> wrote:

> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote:
> >
> > <I bought a bunch of saris and that is all I wore, and still I felt out of
> > place.>
> >
> > <Snip>
> >
> > <He did not fit into our culture and he never asked anyone to fit into his.>
> >
> > The reason you wore a sari was because of his expressed desire to the
> > ladies on that course.  He shaped every nuance of our lives on that course.
> > There was no aspect of our lives that that he didn't comment on, and we
> > reacted to immediately.
> >

> Not true. I wore saris because I was in India. I never heard that Maharishi
> told anyone they HAD to wear a sari. The fact is, my western clothes were
> totally out of place. Compared to saris they were ugly as hell. I gladly
> traded my dark, monochromatic suit jackets, skits, blouses and heels for the
> amazing Technicolor designs of silk saris. I felt quite feminine in them,
> despite occasionally getting tangle foot. I thought it was really cool that a
> neat little stack of six saris, an entire wardrobe, took up only one small
> corner of my suitcase while my very bulky western clothes dominated the rest
> of the space.
>
> > Maharishi not only asked us to fit into Indian culture, he required it.
> > Every single thing he wanted was carried out by all of us down to what we
> > ate, what we wore, what we did every second of every day in India.
> >

> Yep. We were on the program, every minute of every day. That is what I signed
> on for. I wasn't drafted into the military. I joined. We were loyal soldiers
> on a mission of peace. No one held a gun to my head and told me to march. No
> one fired a shot. No one slogged through mud and blood and we ate quite well,
> Indian food of course.
>
> We were in India at a very crucial time in history. Fifty Americans held
> captive in Iran. The era of détente ended. Soviet troops had invaded
> Afghanistan; their military forces were within 300 miles of the Indian Ocean,
> close to the Straits of Hormuz, a waterway for most of the world's oil. When
> Carter made his state of the Union address, January 23, 1980 he said:
>
> "The Soviet Union is now attempting to consolidate a strategic position,
> therefore, that poses a grave threat to the free movement of Middle East
> oil…We've increased and strengthened our naval presence in the Indian ocean,
> and we are now making arrangements for key naval and air facilities to be
> used by our forces in the region of northeast Africa and the Persian Gulf."
>
> The Carter Doctrine: http://www.answers.com/topic/carter-doctrine
>
> As you may recall, Maharishi was extremely concerned about the news of
> American ships blockading the Soviets in the Indian Ocean. Then one day, for
> no apparent reason, he never said exactly why, Maharishi had us reforming
> teams, make plans for travel visas, look at maps of India and plan how our
> [...]
Uh-huh. You have the unmitigated hubris to believe that your "attention" to
maps of India and thoughts of India's coastline caused American military ships
to withdraw at the time.

The  "Maharishi Effect' in action right Raunch? See Curtis, this is why I don't
attempt much in the way of dialog with folks like this. I may as well be
talking to my pet gold fish. At the same time, I do feel genuine compassion.

You know whenever something rolls on the tube showing Christian evangelicals
speaking in tongues or going nuts in various ways... I watch, but I don't
laugh. I can't because I've been there. I know what it is to be so certain that
you are riding the EXTRA SPECIAL BUS that only your point of view is right,
valid and correct. Raunch epitomizes this viewpoint.

Raunch, my advice to you is to buy Curtis' latest CD. Curtis....I don't know
how you do it man.