--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , grate.swan <no_re...@...>
wrote:

> One of the reasons I strayed away (and stayed away) from the Movement
was its cliqueness. I found even the "most profound" and experienced
meditators and teachers all hung out together, and basically looked down
on everyone else.>>

I totally agree, I could not stand those people. That is why I left the
movement. And now all those arrogant fucks have also left the movement,
and are now here on FFL as the TM-ex crowd.   Its ironic.    The only
constant is their arrogance (Turq, Vaj, Curtis etc.)

OffWorld

  <<<No one else admitted. I was at a beach outing  one day with them and
it just became so clear. "There is something more to life than living
within a TM clique". That day, I just dropped out. No one saw me again -
for years. I knew almost no one in the real world outside the clique
<cough, "cult"> but over time I got established. Even go the nerve to
date non-Movement girls. Talk about walking over the borderline, and
taking a walk on the wild side.

> I raise this, because FFL seems like deja vu all over again. Little
petty cliques. I like most everyone here, to a degree, Most have
something to contribute. And a quick scan of nothingness and I am on to
the next post.

> But the incessant "me good, you bad" neanderthal attitude of some is
just astonishing. I don't need a random, double blind, large
multi-variate controlled study to tell me that if this is what the long
term practice of TM, or Mindfulness, or exotic, wierd-shit-of-the-day
produces, its not working. And not worth much. At least as a global
thing. Some seem to benefit from it. I like it. I like other things too.
I would not pass the Movement bookshelf test. (an believe me, once upon
a time, I did give a rats ass about that.)

> A not-TM mentor I like said once, something like, "if you can't love
or appreciate the people around you, how are you ever going to
experience the Unity of all creation". The more bickering, bitterness,
baiting and borisjness -- the more darkness. Maybe TM produces darkness
in some people. Who knows. The data appears to support the hypothesis.

<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> , enlightened_dawn11 <no_reply@>
wrote:

> > ha-ha- laugh of the day-- get this, Turq says that Edg isn't worth
reading, while devoting HIS 7TH POST OF THE DAY to him! the irony is
priceless.

> > ignore Turq, Edg, there are plenty of us supporting you.
> >
> > As authfriend said, Turq takes this place far more SERIOUSLY than
the rest of us do (so it is impossible for him to admit that he is the
entertainment clown on here, not all of those he points his wizened,
shaky finger at).