--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Mike Dixon <mdixon.6...@...> wrote:

> Well.... do you?

Some in the CIA are attempting to exonerate themselves [and by extension, the
Cheney/Bush administration] by claiming that they fulfilled their legal
obligation to inform Congress, and that Congress *knew about* and *approved*
everything they were doing every step along the way with regard to
interrogation methods. That is blatantly false.

They are particularly targeting Nancy Pelosi because she is a prominent key
Democrat and quite a convenient symbol to use as target practice for the sore
loser right wing anti-Pelosi media machine who already hate her.

The publicity value for them is BIG. But like most of their loudly broadcasted
histrionics, they are lacking in solid conclusive substance.

I think the more appropriate question is 'does anyone believe the CIA
apologists for the Cheney/Bush debacle?'

-- Nancy Pelosi gave a press briefing today on this issue. It's very revealing
and I recommend that if readers are interested in this issue by all means watch
it.

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYwZa8jvNp4