From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:fairfieldl...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of authfriend
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 11:34 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Obama: A Slippery Pol with Pretty Words

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:FairfieldLife%40yahoogroups.com> , "Rick Archer" <r...@...> wrote:

> If Hillary had been elected President and were making
> some of the same decisions Obama is, we wouldn't hearing
> a word of criticism out of you two. Your admirable
> intellects are fundamentally governed by your emotions.

Rick, I know you're pissed as hell because I dug up that
post in which you quoted Obama as telling you he was
going to plug all the holes Bush blasted in the
Constitution. Of course it embarrasses you now that he's
gone to some trouble to keep most of them wide open.

I understand why that upsets you.

But while making a stupid and offensive comment like the
one above may make you feel better for a little while,
it doesn't really do much to erase the unpleasant facts.

You need to adjust your perception of Obama and come to
terms with the new reality.
I don't feel pissed or upset in the least. Very seldom do I get angry or
upset about anything. I don't expect Obama to keep every campaign promise he
made. Nor would I expect any president to be able to do so. The reality of
the job must be quite different than what it appears to be during the
campaign. I don't expect him to be perfect. I'm not disillusioned like some
of the lefties are because he isn't conforming to their naive, idealistic
expectations. I don't necessarily agree with everything Obama is doing, but
I don't adamantly disagree, because I'm not as well informed as he is, and
even if I were, I don't think my intelligence and judgment are remotely on a
par with his. I'm just relieved to have a president who doesn't make my skin
crawl every time I see him on the tube. I believe he's the most qualified
president we've had in a long time, and the current situation requires
someone with such qualifications. I'm not referring to his lifetime
accomplishments, although those are impressive, but to his innate
intelligence, which we'll see rise to the task repeatedly over the coming
years. It's telling that he finds the job "exhilarating." I think many
presidents have found it overwhelming.