If you practice advanced tantra then you will see how true that is and
how much of "maya" our morals, ethics and laws are.  Kali just peals
away the illusory world like pealing away an onion.  However we don't
tend to come afoul of this maya simply because many of these rules just
work out of common sense.  You don't drive through a red light on
purpose because as you say "it would be incredibly stupid" and your car
might get wrecked not to mention somebody else's.  Where this vision
comes into use is when society gets so offbase that you feel the need to
point it out to them even if it does no good.  And right now the US
society is in an amazing fall to becoming completely dysfunctional.
However this, in Indian philosophical terms, just the "tama guna" that
precedes a new "satva guna."  IOW, we need to erase the blackboard
before we can put new stuff on it. ;-)