Richard J. Williams wrote:
> <snip>
>
> But you're a special case: there are hardly
> any refineries in California anymore and you
> import almost all your fuel from the Middle
> East. If Obama doesn't do something about the
> economy, you won't have any money to buy a
> new car and what you have will be spent on
> just the fuel. If Obama can't win the war and
> stabilize prices, you will have zero fuel
> in California!

I have a bunch of refineries where I live.  Probably one of the
downsides to living here if they start leaking something toxic.
Probably most of the workers in this town work at the refineries.

And oh yes, a lot of them drive Priuses.
> <snip>
>
> When I go out on the highway on a trip I
> usually take my project car - a 1995
> Cadillac Eldorado with the Northstar 32
> valve V8. It gets over 24 MPG on premium
> fuel and I'm comfortable and cool all the
> way to Abilene.

My 1998 Forester does 27 MPG on regular.  And I'm comfortable and cool
all the way to wherever (Seattle, Grass Valley, Los Angeles, etc).