--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozg...@...> wrote:

> Vaj wrote:
> >
> > On May 21, 2009, at 12:44 PM, Bhairitu wrote:
> >
> >> I figure my fellow Subaru owners here will be interested in this:
> >> http://www.wired.com/autopia/2009/05/subaru/
> >>
> >> I might get one but maybe in 2013 (give them a year to work out bugs).
> >

> > I can imagine it buried in a snowdrift already, the front lopped off
> > by a snow plow and eventually being retrieved during the spring thaw.
> > That wussie thing? I need a Jeep Grand Cherokee "Prius" to survive
> > where I live. The wind off a logging truck would send that thing into
> > the nearest ditch. If you'd hit a moose, you'd be crushed to death!
> >
> > You may think I'm kidding, but people disappear in Maine when they run
> > off the highway during winter. In the spring we find them.
> > Freeze-dried, of course. Quite delicious, like pig jerky.
>
> But that happens in Oregon too.  Remind me not if Vaj offers jerky at
> some get together not to take any.

  In winter, when there is a lot of snow, a lot of the high mileage cars get
zero as they wont make it out of the driveway.
  In these times I will be still be getting around twelve MPG.
. Also, the old Intn'l pulls a trailer that weighs 4.5 K empty and, recently, I
have moved equipment for a friend that weighed around 14K.
  If I get hit with a new suv, it will probably get totaled and the old (73)
pickup will still be going.  N.