On May 28, 2009, at 5:14 PM, Richard J. Williams wrote:

> Vaj wrote:
>> "The world's foremost scientist in the field
>> of consciousness." Hilarious! One can never
>> have too many titles I guess!
>>
> Yeah, compared to S.N. Goenka, the Marshy is a
> sheer genius at meditation! There's a lot of
> difference between transcendental meditation
> and mood-making with concentration on various
> human body parts.

Silly Willy. Perhaps you weren't listening earlier. Similar techniques
are found in the Shankaracharya Advaita tradition. They can also be
found in Patanjali, the Shaiva tantras and the Puranas! They are also
taught in the mantra traditions of Hindu tantrism. It also appears you
never learned the TM checking procedure.

The Marshy had a great beard and looked great in expensive silk, but
IMO he sucked as yogi. Why else would someone with "yogi" added onto
their name have a gym teacher design their hatha-yoga asanas? Pretty
silly Willy. Pretty silly. Just because someone dresses like a saint
doesn't make them one and just because someone self-proclaims
themselves a yogi doesn't make them one. Nor does fooling Paul
McCartney, Ringo and Donovan.

Heck, I thought Ringo was smarter than that!

Marshy's just all hat and no cattle if you ask me! But I'm sure he'd
try to sell you one just the same. A Vedic one. ;-)