Vaj wrote:
> Similar techniques are found in the Shankaracharya
> Advaita tradition. They can also be found in
> Patanjali, the Shaiva tantras and the Puranas!
> They are also taught in the mantra traditions of
> Hindu tantrism.

So, we are agreed - TM is very similar to the Adwaita
meditation of the Shankaracharya, Patanjali, and in
the Indian Tantras and Purana. I always thought so -
thanks for providing this information. So, the
Shankaracharya, Patanjali, and the Indian Tantriks
all practiced TM.

But it's a fact that there's no 'vipassana' in the
Buddhist or Hindu scriptures. Apparently the Buddha
practiced TM or dhyana or something similar - not
some kind of dualistic 'mindfullness' mind control
invented by the Theravadins.

> It also appears you never learned the TM checking
> procedure.

Sure I did - in fact, I helped Charles Lutes and
the Marshy compose the 'checking points'. I've been
a TM Spiritual Guide for over forty years.

> The Marshy had a great beard and looked great in
> expensive silk,

He sure did! The Marshy looked like the real thing.
If a yogi lives in the Himalayas, comes out of the
Himalayas, and looks like a Himalayan Yogi, then he
probably IS a Himalayan Yogi of some kind.

> but IMO he sucked as yogi.

But you probably spent, what, less than a minute or
two, with the Yogi face-to-face, and you've probably
never been inside the Yogi's bedroom or sat outside
his door. That's not very impressive, Vaj. You've
probably never been on a TTC, a CCP, or an AT.

> Why else would someone with "yogi" added onto
> their name have a gym teacher design their
> hatha-yoga asanas?

Most gym teachers in India are experts at
hatha-yoga. And there must be thousands of
hatha-yoga gym teachers all over India. According
to my sources, B.K.S. Iyenger used to teach
hatha-yoga in a gym.

> Pretty silly Willy. Pretty silly.

Maybe you're the silly one, after reading your
comment about the gym teacher. LOL! In many
cases I'd rather learn hath-yoga from a gym
teacher instead of some crabby old hermit in the
Upper Kashi who only speaks Hindi.

> Just because someone dresses like a saint doesn't
> make them one and just because someone
> self-proclaims themselves a yogi doesn't make
> them one.

Do all Indian 'saints' wear dhotis - maybe so. But
I knew an Indian saint that only wore a loin cloth,
who taught hatha-yoga in a big gym in downtown
Poona.

> Nor does fooling Paul McCartney, Ringo and
> Donovan.

Maybe so, but the Marshy also 'fooled around' with
the saint, Swami Brahmanand Saraswati, for over
thirteen years. He also fooled around with Swami
Laksmanjoo, the famous Kashmiri Tantric; not to
mention the Sri Anandamayima and the current
Shankaracharya of Jyotirmath.

> Heck, I thought Ringo was smarter than that!

Ringo was smart enough to go to the Marshy's yoga
camp!