--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_re...@...> wrote:
snip>
> Hindu teachers universally agree that even ordinary life is a life of
> yagya -- that is,
> desires are being "burnt" by fulfilling them.
snip>
> Edg

Edg-A little off topic, but, I wouldn't say desires are being burnt by
fulfilling them, (perhaps some) fulfilling the desire for sex, for instance,
does not fullfill that desire because that desire is insatiable. It only
inflames that desire, leading to more desire, it's a ruse by the devil (satan,
maya).

I think a Yagya is only considered such if it promotes spirituality, tamastic
activity is not conducive to spirituality therefore is not a Yagya. Fulfilling
your desire for meat is not a Yagya (or chocolate) as it does not produce
spirituality.

MMY's desire is for every activity to be in harmony with natural law, "the
Vedas have prescribed behavior for every level of life":

"The Vedas are divided into various branches, called shakhas. Each shakha
expounds its yagya, covering the whole range of life....." MMY Gita

"Yagya has been defined as (any) action which helps evolution." MMY Gita

Latent desires (what MMY calls stress) are 'burnt out' (of the subconscious
mind) when they are exposed to the fire and light of pure consciousness. A
burnt seed cannot sprout again....as you know.

Only the experience of pure Being has the power to fulfill desire!