This post of Edg's is an excellent example of
why I said the notion of crop circles makes the
skeptics "nervous."

Why else would Edg have read this from my post--

"I don't think they're messages from the Space
Brothers, but I really have no clue whatsoever what/
who might be creating the ones that don't seem to
have been made by humans."

--and then demanded to know:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_re...@...> wrote:
<snip>
> To me, thinking crop circles are from other worlders
> is like thinking God is doing the circles -- to us,
> their technology would certainly have given them the
> ability to duplicate just about all the siddhis and
> they could fool us into thinking that they're gods
> easily, effortlessly.  Cargo Cult R Us fer shur.
> Judy, are you wanting this to be your religion?

This is precisely what happened the last time we
discussed crop circles here. The only exception was
Curtis. Of the crop circles that can't be shown to
have been made by humans, I said *repeatedly* that I
didn't think it was ETs and that I had absolutely
no idea how they were produced.

But *nobody* (except Curtis) was able to tolerate
the "don't know" position. It had either to be all
humans, nice and comfortable, or ETs, equally
comfortable because vanishingly unlikely (for many
reasons, including those Edg just elucidated). The
"don't know" position was so UNcomfortable that the
skeptics were unable even to register it, just as
Edg couldn't.