<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> > , "shempmcgurk" <shempmcgurk@>

<mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> > , TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:

> > > What he's most likely thinking of is the stat
> > > that U.S. defense spending amounts to more
> > > than half of *global military spending*.
> >

> > Here's a strange situation. I agree with Turq, and disagree with
Judy
> > and Shemp.
> >
> > Obviously Turq. meant Government discretionary spending, not GDP !
>

> Keep digging the hole you're in.
>
> Do you even know what "discretionary spending" is?>>

Of course I know what discretionary spending is. That's why I mentioned
it. You obviously don't, that's why you had to go look it up, but still
you don't understand what it is. It is basically the spending over which
there is a choice. It is basically the annual budget of the Government.

Military spending is more than half of the US budget when you take out
Social Security and Medicare.

OffWorld