Alex/Rick,

You guys still have not addressed the issue of "stalking."  I pointed out that
I could sic a detective on someone and get "only public knowledge about them"
and then do them a major disservice by publishing that info.

Who wants an entire lifetime's mistakes to be researched and, accumulated and
cherry picked by a person with an agenda have that "summation" made public, and
then, with one -- now thoroughly "done" with the past's incorrect notions --
having to explain him/herself for all the past which may be replete with "one
time only mistakes."

I know someone who had a one-time stay, voluntarily, in re-hab for an anxiety
disorder.  Then that person got a divorce, and in that action, the marriage
partner exposed this person's past to the divorce proceedings in an attempt to
besmirch.  The judge saw the obvious attempt to manipulate the court's opinion,
noted that in the final paperwork, and then went on to give both parties a fair
and equal splitting of marital assets.  Fine, justice prevailed.  But, the
marriage partner decided to appeal the ruling, and thus, the whole shebang was
sent to an appeals court that let the ruling stand.  Now here's the important
part, all of the appellate court's proceeding are googlable.  Now, if anyone
puts in the name of the person, up comes a complete history of the one-time
stay in re-hab for a malady that was not related to drug or alcohol addiction,
but, now, this person must have that brought up if ever a job is sought etc.
The appeals documents are 100 pages long, and to read the whole deal is
necessary to understand that the person was not a drug addict or alcoholic.
That's a case of public info that was put into the public without the person's
permission -- as the result of an attack agenda -- and now it will be there
forever.

It's exactly the same sin that others here chided me for -- the simple act of
putting a person's name in a post's title that also had negative phrases.
Putting the name "Joe Smith" in a title with the phrase "child molester" for
instance was said to be a harm in that google will not sort out all the
wrongful and vicious agendas to put those pages lower on its listing.

Again, I ask, what are you limits on how much a poster's past can be revealed
here and yet still be not a "stalking" that FFL is forced to abet.

You may have personal morals to not do so, but will you let others here post
what is basically a "hit piece" on some other poster?

I have posted, say, 5,000 blurbs on the Web over the last decade+, and I have
grown in that time to have changed my POV on many core issues (Thank You
Curtis, Marek, et al.)  Yet, if I start posting at, say, a new trikking message
board, and someone "does a number on Edg," and then posts summations about my
rage and vitriol and new age thoughts etc., what has that to do with my
conclusions about trikking?

Just so, I think Alex has modeled that "some simple look-ups" are harmless, yet
I don't see any reasoning provided by Alex or Rick that would show them being
uncomfortable with "stalking" as a concept....them seemingly saying, "if it's
in the public, anyone can use that info for any reason here at FFL."

Yet, one poster uploaded porn to this group's file section and pretended that
FFL was morally responsible for the content of that section -- and note that
once uploaded, that porn was "public" and associated with "FFL" forever in that
the Internet's Wayback Machine and other sources will have spidered the content
and duplicated it on their servers.

I think Alex and Rick owe us a high standard in this regard such that their
moderation is a notch more responsible.

Edg

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley" <j_alexander_stan...@...>