--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley" <j_alexander_stan...@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, scienceofabundance <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Below is an announcement from the White House which came out
> > (so to speak) on June 1st.  To put it mildly, it means a lot to
> > thousands of Gay BLT Americans and friends.  Also, based on some
> > previous contributions to FFL, it will raise the blood pressure
> > of some members thus providing another reason for some of FFL's
> > most beloved members to contribute their insights.
>
> Gay BLT Americans aren't feeling quite so warm and fuzzy about Obama right
> now:
>
> http://www.americablog.com/2009/06/obama-justice-department-defends-doma.html
>
> http://is.gd/10iNw

>From CNS News:

-----
In an open letter to the lesbian, gay, bisexual,
transsexual (LGBT) community that was posted on
Obama's campaign Web site on Feb. 28, 2008, Obama
wrote that he favors repealing DOMA.

"Unlike Senator Clinton, I support the complete repeal
of the Defense of Marriage Act – a position I have
held since before arriving in the U.S. Senate," Obama
wrote in the letter.

"While some say we should repeal only part of the law,
I believe we should get rid of that statute
altogether," he wrote. "Federal law should not
discriminate in any way against gay and lesbian
couples, which is precisely what DOMA does."

The "pride" section of the Obama campaign Web site
also said: "Obama also believes we need to fully
repeal the Defense of Marriage Act and enact
legislation that would ensure that the 1,100+ federal
legal rights and benefits currently provided on the
basis of marital status are extended to same-sex
couples in civil unions and other legally recognized
unions."
-----

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=45106

http://tinyurl.com/d6vvru

Either he was lying then to pander to gay voters,
or he's changed his mind and now believes federal
law *should* discriminate against gay and lesbian
couples, because now he's defending DOMA in court.

And as Aravosis points out at Alex's link, he's doing
it in a manner calculated to do the LGBT rights
movement as much damage as humanly possible.