--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradh...@...> wrote:

> Wait till the coyotes move in. Hope you don't have any cats or
> small dogs...

We have coyotes out here. But, we also have lots of trees on our property,
which is probably why our cats have remained safe.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <r...@...> wrote:
> We have plenty of coyotes around here, but there's still a deer
> overpopulation problem.

Coyotes get a few percent of baby deer, but they really have very little impact
on deer populations. And, guys who only hunt bucks also do nothing to control
the deer population (because one buck can service a huge number of females.)
Hunting does is what controls the population. Most deer hunting states won't
even give you a buck tag until you've taken a certain number of does, but Iowa
doesn't do that. My sole interest in hunting deer is the meat, so I only hunt
does (buck meat is much less desirable).