--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk" <shempmcg...@...> wrote:

> Thanks for the many varied and valuable suggestions you have all rallied to
> provide me in my time of need.
>
> funnily enough, just having the pills sit there on my kitchen counter, with
> me knowing I can take one at any time, is actually having an effect, albeit
> minor.
>
> If things get really bad (ie, the nervousness is too intense) I will give in
> and take one.

I would proceed with caution and only take it (Xanax) as a last resort.  Once
you get used to it, it will be very difficult to live life on life's terms.  In
short you become dependent on it like any drug. I don't think it will help your
meditations any either. In fact IMHO spiritual progress is held in check until
you lose your dependence on it and learn to deal with the underlying issues.

This is just from my experience with a friend of mine who's been on a
'psycho-tropic' for probably 30-40 years. It's like you're not dealing with a
real person as their reactions are altered by the drug.........just some
comments from the peanut gallery.  Good luck!