--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Nelson" <nelsonriddle2...@...> wrote:
>  Frogs seem able to tolerate temperature extremes pretty well so I would
> sooner blame pollution.

I haven't read-up on this issue, but I would bet that frogs are every bit as
sensitive to temperature as other species -- just as much as frogs are
sensitive to the toxins building up in their habitats.

As the climate warms, scientists are finding that the northern/southern
boundaries of every specie's range is migrating towards the poles.  Every year
the birds fly farther north, plants are found growing where they've never
grown, etc.

This goes for microbes as well, and, because everything is in media res, we
don't know if or when this processing will stabilize -- probably won't until
global temperature becomes "steady."  So, it's a crap shoot, ya see.  Those
species that are good at becoming early adopters will get market share in the
new environments; meaning: they arrive first and get to use the territory such
that others have a harder time getting established.  Thus a whole new ecology
is "festering" constantly, and whether a species can survive that kind of
challenge is a crap shoot.  Many species will die simply because their old home
is intolerable and the new home isn't quite "ready" for them in terms of the
synergies between the dynamics of the new ecology.  In short, the speed of
climate change is too rapid for them to hold-out until they can get a hand-on
another matrix.

Frogs are our coal mine canaries.  They're telling us of our pollution -- our
sins -- by being born with ten legs, or other monstrosities.  Again, 30,000
chemicals that haven't been studied at all let alone as much as Thalidomide for
their effects on organisms are daily pumped into air, water and soil.

Does ya feels a bit froggy yersef?

I does.

Next time you meet some Evangelical who says, "The Rapture is coming, and so it
doesn't matter that we're losing species, because all life is ending on this
planet and a whole new world will be created for us," punch the fucker in the
nose and tell them that's a plunk from the magic twanger of Froggy, will ya?

Edg