--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_re...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@> wrote:
> > Indeed this Chopra-fellow is nothing but a lowlife nobody and a thief.
>

> Come on, who isn't a thief?  We all do it: it's called getting an education
> from studying the history of great minds.
>
> Who owns any knowledge?  Is the calculus "English Math?"  Is "rocket science"
> Germanic?
>
> If Chopra got knowledge from Maharishi who got it from Guru Dev who got it
> from. . . . see?
>
> Chopra studied with Maharishi and did exactly what Maharishi did -- took
> info, repackaged it, sold it for all the market would bear, and took personal
> credit for having conjured it up.
>
> Chopra is your typical conceptual capitalist -- exploit a marketing niche
> with old stuff with NEW and IMPROVED stamped on the packaging.
>
> Not a great sin.
>
> But, man, when I was a TB, I thought some bogus stuff about Chopra.  My bad.
> He's just a businessman who loves a spotlight like Donald Trump.  He's got
> this image as a man of spirituality, so media seeks him out for these things
> -- he's asked to hold the hands of our group consciousness....like Billy
> Graham, or Jesse Jackson were used.  No sin to use such to make money.
>
> Edg

...and if he does it in a way that makes it palatable for said masses, I don't
really see the harm.  Indeed, there can be some good there.

My only complaint about Deepak is that he comes off as arrogant and pompous.
Also, if he had just stuck to pontificating, fine, because he does it so well;
but he really doesn't know what he is doing when he teaches meditation and its
ancillary techniques.  Why in god's name he would want that responsibility,
I'll never know.

But that's his business.

Does any one know whether he is still in the business of teaching meditation,
training teachers, etc?  I'm certain that his organisation at one point had
more initiations than the TMO.

And on that subject, does anyone know whether he preceeds his meditation
instruction with a puja?  If not, how does the instruction proceed?