--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk" <shempmcg...@...> wrote:

> I'm going to say what I said about Chopra after he did
> his piece on Maharishi immediately after he died last year.
>
> Recall that Chopra revealed private stuff about
> Maharishi's sickness at a time when Chopra was
> actually his formal physician (about 20 years ago).
> And death does not sever the patient/doctor
> confidentiality yet here was Chopra -- without
> consent from Maharishi's estate -- revealing
> personal medical info about Maharishi.
>
> I am convinced if someone wanted to pursue it,
> they could have successfully lodged a formal
> complaint against Chopra for violating that
> confidentiality.
>
> I don't know if it's the same case here but
> Chopra is quite quick off the starting block
> to share intimate stuff about Jackson...and if
> Chopra was in any official capacity a counsellor,
> doctor or adviser to Jackson he very well may be
> violating that same confidentiality again by
> some of the stuff he writes in this article.

Don't know about the legal issue, but it's pretty
interesting how his stories about both MMY and
Jackson seem all to revolve around *him*, Chopra,
and how selflessly he helped them out--saved MMY's
life, nursed him back to health; wrote Jackson's
books and lyrics for him, introduced him to his
children's nanny. I mean, if Chopra had preserved
confidentialit, we'd never have heard of any of
this, now, would we?

Gosh, do you think Chopra will become one of the
media's go-to guys for insider reminiscences about
Jackson--especially dirt about his drug use--now
that Chopra's written this article?

And this is intriguing:

> When Michael passed me the music for that last
> song, the one sitting by my bedside waiting for
> the right words, the procedure for getting the
> CD to me rivaled a CIA covert operation in its
> secrecy.

What do you want to bet it was so "secret" that
it'll turn out nobody on Jackson's staff knew
anything about it? And of course Chopra would
never produce the CD in question; that would be
betraying Jackson's confidence...