--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anonymousff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anonymousff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > [...]
> > > The story goes like this:
> > >
> > [...]
> >
> > I've read the story off of the OTIII text directly. While I
personally
> > find it, well, odd, I'd like to point out that Scientologists
genuinely
> > believe that such things should not be revealed before people are
> > ready. It would be better to simply post a URL to the text rather
than
> > post the text itself, IMHO.
> >
> > Its sorta like posting TM mantras where we believers can read
them or
> > the checking notes, etc. Bad karma, IMHO.
>
> Well, I think its better that people figure out what they are
getting
> into before they become entrenched in an organization known for its
> manipulation and dirty tricks. And the Scientologist representative
on
> the list recomended that everyone read and learn as much as they can
> before making a decision. And since he offered up Scientology as one
> of the choices (presumably to be researched also) it seems relevant
> post some of the underlying theoretical models used by the
> Scientologists in their pursuit of healing. If it rings a bell of
> truth in you, go for it.
>
> Equating that with posting mnatras is far-fetched IMO. But then
again,
> discussion of bija mantras are quite well openly available, known
from
> many sources.

Sure, but all I suggested was posting the URL rather than posting the
text. Anyone who wants to read the text can go tot he URL,just as
anyone who wants to read lists of mantras can go to the websites
where mantras (TM or otherwise) are listed.

And its no more far-fetched for Scientologists to believe that
reading higher OT stuff is bad for them than it is for a TMer to
believe that writing down their mantra (or reading it even) is
detrimental to their practice.

At least to the outsiders, it isn't.