--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <r...@...> wrote:

> [...]

This is only too true...

> the evidence for
> global warming/climate change is compelling, the vast majority of legitimate
> climatologists

Why do you keep repeating this?  Just cause you repeat the same line over and
over doesn't make it true.

Where is this vast majority?  Evidence, please.

> concur that the threat is real and dire, and those with whom
> you choose to align yourself are of the same mindset as those who denied
> that cigarettes cause cancer or those who are currently fighting health care
> reform.

Actually, it's the other way around.  Those that claimed that cigarettes caused
cancer relied on actual cause and effect research; your alarmists don't.

> In other words, they don't give a damn what happens to people,
> individually or collectively, short-term or long, as long as it doesn't
> impact their bottom line.

Oh, you mean like Al Gore whose $100 million fortune is directly tied to global
warming alarmism continuing to be accepted?

Or the scientists that get grants (about $75 billion so far from the federal
government) that get this windfall as long as global warming alarmism continues?

> And they're always going to find a certain subset
> of the population, in which you are included, who is susceptible to their
> propaganda.

Which side, really, is known for propaganda and which side is known for
thinking for themselves?