--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <no_re...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@> wrote:
> >

> > On Aug 7, 2009, at 12:35 PM, cardemaister wrote:
> >
> > > http://www.swami-krishnananda.org/bs_3/bs_3-1-insy.html
> > >
> > > Adhikaranas IV, V, and VI: (Sutras 22; 23; and 24 to 27) teach that
> > > the subtle bodies of the souls descending from the Chandraloka
> > > through the ether, air, etc., do not become identical with ether,
> > > air, etc., but only live there; that they descend in a short time.
> > > On entering into a corn or a plant the soul remains merely in
> > > contact with it which is already animated by another soul. The soul
> > > after having entered into a corn or a plant, gets connected with him
> > > who eats the corn or fruit of the plant and performs the act of
> > > copulation. The soul remains with him till he enters into the
> > > mother's womb with the seminal fluid injected. The soul ultimately
> > > enters the mother's womb and is brought forth as a child.
> >

> > And here I always thought it was from watermelon seeds. Thank Agni and
> > Vedic science for setting me straight!
> >

> According to Chaandogya (upaniSad of the chando-ga's, i.e.
> "chandas-goers?")

Oops! In that tatpuruSa compound 'ga' seems to be from the root
'gai' (to sing), not from 'gam' (to go):

         chandoga       m. (%{gai}) `" singer in metre "' , chanter'of the SV.
, Udga1tr2i priest AitBr. iii , 32 S3Br. x S3a1n3khS3r. &c. ;

chAndogya       n. `" doctrine of the Chando-gas "' , a Bra1hman2a of the SV.
(including the ChUp.) , Ka1tyS3r "' xxii Pa1n2. 4-3 , 129 Veda7ntas