authfriend wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <r...@...> wrote:
>
>> I don't even know if I'd be eligible for a flu shot.
>> There's a shortage, and I don't think I'm in a high
>> risk category. 59 yrs. old. Not pregnant.
>>

> No, you probably won't be able to get a swine flu shot
> with the first batches they release. But later on there'll
> be more available, quite possibly for those not in high-
> risk groups. And you should get the seasonal flu shot, of
> which there'll be plenty.

Why should Rick bother with the seasonal shot if he rarely if ever gets
the flu?  People who meditate should be able to recognize the early
invasion of a virus in the body.  Way earlier than a non-meditating
person would.   If you have a still mind then it is easy.  That's one of
the things we learned meditation for.  As soon as you notice it there
are a number of things one can do.  Even MAPI has some flu
recommendations on their site.   And for the ayurvedic challenged, flu
usually occurs when one has a kapha imbalance and because of the excess
mucus the virus has a lot goo to play around in.  Dry up the goo and see
what happens.  BTW, that is how many cold medicines work is to dry you
out.  That's what pseudo-ephedrine does which now the government makes
you register if you want some tablets with it in it.  Of course you can
grow the herb ephedra in your garden.  It grows wild all over the US.
Your kitchen cabinet contains many cold and flu relief items already.
I highly recommend Vasant Lad's "The Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home
Remedies" to learn what those are.