From what I'm reading on forums this morning many people felt the
season 2 finale was a little weak.  It  thought it was a little
unbalanced and perhaps a bit anti-climatic.

In preparation for the finale I picked up book two of the "Sookie
Sookhouse" series on Friday and crammed my way through all 290 pages
before last nights finale.  Though the series doesn't exactly follow the
books it so far has followed the theme in book one for season one and
the theme book two for season two.  Maryann is introduced in book two
but doesn't play as prominently as she does in the HBO series. The
finale for season one included the first part of book two for the
cliffhanger (hint, hint).  So next up is to buy book three and see what
is in store.  I know what characters that were introduced in book two
that haven't yet been introduced in the series though they've been
hinted at.  And guys, the books ARE romance novels written for women so
expect to gloss over sections of little interest to men. :-D

So far there are nine books and a tenth on the way.  Hard to say if the
series will last that long though.  Probably not as stars tire and start
demanding more money and sometimes the public just tires of the
concept.  And we have more vampires on the way this TV season too and
plus more vampire movies.  Maybe it's possible to have too much of a bad
thing. ;-)