--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "anatol_zinc" <anatol_z...@...> wrote:

> excellent talk by Maharishi given in 1962, but here is my comment 2009:
> it is hard to follow Maharishi's advice( last few paragraphs ) during
> these extremely difficult times ;
> and it seems it was hard for Maharishi to follow his own advice;
>
> this was given in 1962, so for a few decades, he did really well
>
> focusing only on positivity, it seemed to me,
>
> but then he started to call President  Bush a rakshasa( a demon ); so
> these are truly difficult times for everyone
>
> but the advice Maharishi gave is still excellent
>
> and wise to try ones best

********

That to which one gives one's attention grows stronger in one's life,
therefore, speaking ill of someone makes the influence of evil stronger in
one's life, which retards evolution.

Maharishi's advice about speaking well of others (found throughout the Vedic
literature: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=10806621169&topic=7189 )is
only an aid to
the ignorant -- for an ignorant person, it's dangerous to spiritual
growth to speak ill of others, because it necessitates bringing in
that impurity from others and situating it in one's brain, in order
to speak ill of others. But for MMY and other enlightened people,
there is no danger of their minds becoming contaminated, since they are
stationed in total awareness that cannot be contaminated or overcome by
anything, so there is no need to avoid speaking ill of others because of a
concern about impeding spiritual growth for themselves. What enlightened people
say is just the voice of nature responding to the needs of the time --
the earth is terribly burdened now by wrongdoing, and MMY's harsh
criticism is just the cry of nature to stop mucking things up.