--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozg...@...> wrote:

> FYI, "Firefly" was a series that came later than Buffy
> and Angel. Barry's saying he liked Firefly enough to
> check out Whedon's earlier series.

Well, actually, no, he's saying he has *never seen* an
episode of either "Buffy" or "Angel":

<snip>
> >> I discovered him only with Firefly and have never
> >> (gulp...forgive me, Saint Joss) seen an episode of
> >> either Buffy or Angel. :-)

Not clear why he's lying now--or lied the three times
previously when he said he *had* seen some episodes.
Seems an awfully trivial thing to lie about, one way
or the other.

Maybe it's just that the idea of your assuming he's a
"fanboy" gives him the collywobbles, because he thinks
it sounds, you know, so unevolved and unelite, so
*attached*.

Urban Dictionary's third definition of "fanboy" does
seem quite apt, though: "An arrogant person who goes
into an outburst every time something he likes is
questioned."