Vaj wrote:
> It is odd, the obsessive posting on a 30 year old rape. That's not to say
> it's
> not terrible, but I hear of such things locally all the time. It still goes
> on,
> all the time. It's much more common than most people are aware of.
>
> I was recently talking to a guy who "baby sat" for sex offenders for a
> living.
> The things they would admit to, were just chilling. They're experts at where
> kids go and how to groom them. State parks with beaches/swimming in the
> summer
> were a particular favorite. He had some real hardcore tantric practices that
> kept him level-headed and balanced enough to be able to work with these
> folks.
> All I can say is: thank god for people like him.
>
> Ever see this software ad?:
It might be better to talk to your 13 year old to make them aware that
the people online may not be what they appear to be rather than spend
some money on rather nebulous software.  I think your teenager might be
happy you are not spying on them.

When I was growing up the only "software" needed to keep us from
predators was some short movies, posters or PSAs on TV.   Most of those
were about excepting candy or rides from strangers.  They're cleverer
now.  One could do a movie about some teens who agree to meet with
"Susan" and then beat the shit out of him.  And it's already been done
(Ellen Page starring):
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424136/