Shortly after I learned medtition the Maharishi way, I felt really glad that
now I had an experience which allowed me to relate to all the other branches of
Hinduism and other religions that claimed similar experiences. I was not
looking for identification with Maharishi or his movement, I was exited that
here was a meditation that cut across all the boundaries of religion and belief
systems. It afforded me an opportunity to reconnect with a religious group I
had been brought up through and I was very pleased about that, I was actually
excited at the prospect of revisiting them. I mentioned my feelings to Bevan
Morris who was 'checking' my meditation, and it was immediately apparent that
relating to other belief systems was not the way I was expected to go. Up until
that moment I had looked upon him as quite a saintly guy, that bubble popped
there and then when I saw how attached he was to Maharishi getting all the
attention.
Oh, that was before I discovered the 'movement' was about moving exclusively
towards Maharishi's way of thinking, which at that moment was a complete
mystery, leading me to wonder just what his thinking was. That was almost forty
years ago and I can honestly say I'm glad I learned and practised this
meditation, but pissed-off that the movement could not see past it's
self-imposed blinkers, a movement that could not see past the adulation of
Maharishi or itself.
Jai Guru Dev