On Nov 7, 2009, at 4:51 PM, ShempMcGurk wrote:

Big deal.

Even if, as a result of the research study, it comes out as a positive thing to do TM, who trusts the TMO anymore? Heck, I'm a 36 year regular meditator and even I don't trust their research...

Schneider has a history of TM "research" quackery. He's a TB doing research on a product he's addicted to, and a Cardiologist.

As is usual with the TMO, they've already decided what the results are. They just need to mash the numbers so they get a positive study that jives with their desires. As is also usual, I predict there will be inadequate controls.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

"There are four kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, statistics and TMO research." - Vaj