This may have been posted before. I just received this and thought I'd share it.

Bill

Thanks to Jörg Schenk
Some points on developing God Consciousness

Kumbha Mela,   1966   (audio  5/9)

MAHARISHI:        ... before the body ceases to function, gain 99,9% (of Cosmic
Consciousness, CC), and not gain full CC, or else  there won't be the body
again.(laughs)

So, have 99% CC cultivated during this life and then let this machinery stop
functioning and we create another machinery in the next life, and then within a
few years, in the early age, attain full CC. Then take to devotion and then
attain GC as soon as possible, live GC throughout life and that will be the
greatest  joy (laughs)

Question:          But one has to come back to earth?

MAHARISHI:      Back to earth. Back to earth.

Question:       But why back to earth?

MAHARISHI:      If we want to count ourselves in the line of those who are
`scarce`, GC.

Question:       But in the higher spheres you have a nervous system which is
much more refined?

MAHARISHI:      But then (there) the joy is so great, that the search for any
more is not found. That is the disadvantage there.

Question.   You would not be able to fill up the missing 1% there?

MAHARISHI:   No, you would not be able.