--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "BillyG" <wg...@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wgm4u" <wgm4u@> wrote:

> > > Well, I'm speechless but thank you for the generous comment.
> > > I hope after what I am about to say you won't withdraw the
> > > compliment.  :-)
> > >
> > > We are all (with a very few exceptions) under Satan's power!
> >
> > There is no Satan. But if you'd prefer to believe
> > in one, I find that no more offensive than you
> > believing in Santa Claus, or that there is no
> > such thing as global warming. :-)
>
> Satan's power is the power of Maya or illusion. Metaphorically Satan (the
> devil) was a fallen angel, that is, he 'fell' from heaven and created the
> universe as we know it.

John Milton, the writer of Paradise Lost, would agree with you that Satan is a
fallen angel.  But many people would question the idea that Satan created the
universe.  Wasn't the Garden of Eden created by the Divine Father?

In vedic literature, the asuras, rakshasas, or demons have unusual powers but
they are considered below the level of human beings consciousness.

> We humans have fallen into his maze of illusion, his mission is to bring out
> the divinity in us through temptation, when all have been saved (as is the
> divine plan) his work will be finished and he will be no more.......:-)

That's the positive spin to the devil's work.  But he also wants to subjugate
human beings who buy into the devil's plan of world domination.

But there is a theological thought stating that the devil took his duty for the
love of the Divine Being.  However, most people would disagree with this idea.
He actually wants to take over the Heavens too.  Is that possible?