--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_...@...> wrote:

> John Milton, the writer of Paradise Lost, would agree with you that Satan is
> a fallen angel.  But many people would question the idea that Satan created
> the universe.  Wasn't the Garden of Eden created by the Divine Father?

It's a simple story meant to illustrate a rather complex phenomenon. Satan is
the negative power also called apara-prakriti, (impure nature) it maintains
creation in it's state *separate* from God. The positive power or para-prakriti
is the power of attraction which brings one back to Unity.  Without the pulling
negative power all things would revert back to the creator or Unity and the
*show* (Lila shakti) would be over.

> In vedic literature, the asuras, rakshasas, or demons have unusual powers but
> they are considered below the level of human beings consciousness.

They merely counterbalance the positive force, both are necessary to maintain
creation, even in the atom. It is our freewill that determines our destiny, if
we yield to that negative 'pull' we pay the consequences but also 'learn' from
our mistake, hence the purpose of creation (evolution) is fulfilled either way.

> That's the positive spin to the devil's work.  But he also wants to subjugate
> human beings who buy into the devil's plan of world domination.

The negative power is constantly trying to pull man back into creation or
delusion, just like the positive and negative force of the atom, the Yin and
the Yang, and the whole field of opposites exit only in *relation* to one
another.  It is the duality that is necessary for 'creation', spirit is ONE.

> But there is a theological thought stating that the devil took his duty for
> the love of the Divine Being.  However, most people would disagree with this
> idea.  He actually wants to take over the Heavens too.  Is that possible?

Satan or the negative power gets all of his power from God, remember Jesus the
Christ said he could summon legions of angels to destroy Satan but he did not.
Satan is only relevant if we make him so by yielding to his temptations, when
we rise above them through the superior experience of God/bliss we are free...

Without Satan, the illusion of the many from the one could not exist. Maya is
the *magical measurer* or makes things seem separate from the one spirit, Satan
is the embodiment of that negative force.