> I suspect Randi will come to deeply regret this post.
> Even some of his groupie commenters are appalled by
> its ignorance and faulty logic. I hate to think what
> the climate scientists on RealClimate.org will do to
> it if they get hold of it.

Have a good laugh I should think. I've always been a
big fan of Randi and I admire his willingness to put
his money where his mouth is so I'm interested in why
you say he hasn't always been on the side of the angels.
Care to expand?

I know he gets a lot of criticism from people who
fail his million dollar challenge but all the tests he
does are worked out with the agreement of the testee
that it's within their "powers". Be interested to hear
a counter argument.

I saw him do a demolition of mediums once. He was
introduced under a fake name (I recognized him which
spoiled the fun for me)and proceeded to make every
appearance of reading minds and communicating with the
dead. He then unmasked himself as an illusionist and
sceptic and revealed that he had got hold of the audience
list and done some simple research. His argument was
that if he could do it then other mediums must be! The
"genuine" mediums were all outraged of course, but it has
to be said the "real" ones weren't as convincing.
All good clean fun.