--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Premanand" <premanandp...@...> wrote:

> Turquoise, your recollections of Bevan's attitude to passing
> on negative information to Maharishi actually puts the spotlight
> on Maharishi, for if Bevan was only trying to please Maharishi,
> how was it that Maharishi didn't want to be told the truth?

Paul, I can't speak for anything that happened
after 1977, but I saw quite a few interactions
between Maharishi and "underlings" in the years
before that. The reason no one wanted to be the
one to tell Maharishi any bad news, or even that
things weren't going as perfectly as he'd pre-
dicted or expected was that Maharishi used to
take his disappointment out on the person who
told him.

It was very much a "kill the messenger" scenario,
often ending with the person who had told him the
less-than-positive news being banished from his
sight for days to weeks.

Bottom line was that in all such interactions I
saw, I never got the feeling that Maharishi cared
very much about reality. He wanted to be told that
things were happening exactly as he'd imagined
they would happen and had said they would happen.
And woe be unto him who told him otherwise.