> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> <snip>
> > Nope. America = Liberal and there's no denying it. Right wing
> > religious nuts don't belong here...and they know it.
> > Liberal = American, and the day that changes....it's not America
> > anymore.
>
> Actually America was first *settled* by right-
> wing religious nuts who came here because they
> were being persecuted for their nuttiness in
> the Old Country.

Not sure this is totally true -- Cape Ann and Salem, Mass., and Maine,
for example, were settled by a bunch of people wanting to fish in
peace until the Massachusetts Puritan fundies arrived in 1630 and
immediately took over Salem (and annexed Maine a bit later). Both the
Popham Colony and the Jamestown Colony were founded in 1607, before
the Mayflower Separatists of 1620. And what about St. Augustine,
Florida? (And if by "America" you mean more than the USA, then we have
a whole new ballgame.) And there *does* seem to be a lot of evidence
that even the USA was colonized by numerous cultures through the
millenia, if you believe Barry Fell at all :-)

But still and all, I agree with your understanding of the "right-wing
nuttiness" of the fundy Puritans, for sure :-)