Any Obamaites want to take a crack at defending Dear
Leader on this point?

>From an interview published today in the Washington
Post:

"Obama said the public option 'has become a source of
ideological contention between the left and right.'
But, he added, 'I DIDN'T CAMPAIGN ON THE PUBLIC
OPTION.'" [emphasis added]

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/22/AR2009122202101.html?hpid=topnews

http://tinyurl.com/y8k8c8h

>From Obama's campaign statement on health reform to
the Washington Post:

"...My plan will ensure that all Americans have health
care coverage through their employers, private health
plans, the federal government, or the states. My plan
builds on and improves our current insurance system,
which most Americans continue to rely upon, and creates
A NEW PUBLIC HEALTH PLAN for those currently without
coverage. Under my plan, Americans will be able to
choose to maintain their current coverage if they
choose to. For those without health insurance I will
establish A NEW PUBLIC INSURANCE PROGRAM, and provide
subsides to afford care for those who need them...."
[emphases added]

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/2008-presidential-candidates/issues/candidates/barack-obama/#health-care

http://tinyurl.com/3n9q7c

The public plan was on his Web site and in his
healthcare reform white paper; it was in Health Care
for America Now's list of principles for reform, which
he publicly endorsed.

It's one thing for him to have campaigned on the public
option and then compromised it away without a fight.

It's quite another for him to *deny that he ever
campaigned on it*.

This isn't just a broken campaign promise. This is a
flat-out, in-your-face, screw-you lie.