--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <do.rf...@...> wrote:

[snip]

> Your views on Social Security as a "bad" thing are shared primarily by the
> right wing fringe minority. Oh wait! ...you DO belong to the right wing
> fringe minority!

[snip]

Putting aside what I am or am not...and not relying on stereotypes, John, what
is it exactly about Social Security that you think is a GOOD thing?

The trillion dollars a year that is paid out?

The fact that people are FORCED to pay into it?

That the contributions have INCREASED tenfold?

That Social Security, as an annuity payment, is an insurance product and that
as such should be under state jurisdiction, NOT the federal government?

That it is a legal Ponzi Scheme in every sense of the word?

Please, John, tell us what you like about it and why the federal government
should be doing it as opposed to, say, individuals or the individual states?
Why the federal government and why it is some sort of model for healthcare
insurance (again, an area that is supposed to be the exclusive jurisdiction of
the states)?