--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_...@...> wrote:

> I decided to have lunch at a Mexican restaurant at the Mission
> District today.  As I got in the restaurant, I was surprised to
> see a five piece Mariachi band playing there.  So, I ordered my
> usual machaca dish and listened to the music.  Towards the end
> of my meal, I requested the band to play the following song:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlTf_elyjNE&feature=related
>
> I'm hoping for everyone that the new year will be just as
> exciting as today.

I am not a fan of Mariachi music, but every time
I go to Paris, I go to a Mexican restaurant there
because the Mariachis are fans of Los Lobos, as am
I. They don't restrict themselves to the standard
lame songs, and by now they know me, and when I
step into the room they play this song, Cancion Del
Mariachi. Their lead singer has neither the voice
nor the looks of Antonio Banderas, but it always
lifts my spirits to hear the song again. This is
more my idea of how to start an exciting new year.
Or just an ordinary evening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myQ4LwFkt28

YMMV. In fact, if you can listen to the Maharishi
Honey Song without throwing up, your mileage
almost certainly varies.  :-)