In common with some other posters here on FFL I may
have given the impression that Mr Barry White Esq of
El Pedro Towers, Sitges is some kind of old pervert,
fixated by babes in bikinis, incapable of toiling
honestly for a decent day's pay, and spending far too
much time with the wine, olives and donkeys between
lengthy siestas. Specifically I may have given the
impression that the series of shrill harangues
directed his way by a certain New York pugilist may
have been in many cases quite justified.

Phrases such as "She may have a point there" or "You
know she seems to reason in a quite dispassionate way"
and "Her attention to minutiae sure forced him to give
up there" may have led readers to believe that I was
unduly enamoured with the fairness and reasonableness
of Ms Stein's approach to FFL and its little
controversies.

I now realise, having gained some personal experience
of the bricbats and character assasination endemic to
the *reasoning* style of the diktat-issuer in
question, that there was not a jot nor scintilla of
truth in any of the above. I am happy to accept now Mr
White's protestations viz. that her attacks on him had
a lot more in common with the petulance and tantrums
of Mr John McEnroe circa 1980 (also of New York
funnily enough) than the subtle and finely drawn
distinctions of Mr Ludwig Witggenstein, late of 30
Accacia Gardens, Notty Ash, Cambridge.

I would like to apologise for any distress or
confusion caused by my credulity and laziness and my
tendency to write post after boring post rather than
find out what's really going on.