--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seekliberation" <seekliberat...@...>
wrote:

> I saw the movie.  Awesome graphics, yet a very boring plot IMO.  Regarding
> left wing/right wing oppositions to aspects of the movie, I do find it odd
> that liberals identify with cultures that possess many of the same qualities
> that 'most' of them completely lack, or greatly despise.  The indegenous
> people in Avatar were very warlike, they were hunters, and lived a very harsh
> life in a very dangerous environment.  Even the women were rather aggressive
> and able to hunt and fight.  The only reason it seemed possible to gain their
> respect is because a Marine joined their tribe and could actually hang with
> their toughest members and pass tests of fearlessness.  Otherwise they
> would've looked at anyone else as being too weak or feeble to be among their
> culture.  Dances with Wolves followed a similar pattern.  If there is
> anything I get from either of those movies, it is that you must have respect
> for both sides of life, basically a yin/yang concept.  An absence of one or
> the other is incomplete.
>
> seekliberation

If it wasn't for the fabulous graphics "Avatar" would be yet another boring
"boy meets girl" Hollywood film.

It's not surprising that right-wingers don't like it; the once so strong
american warmachine was destroyed by tribes using bow and arrow and flying on
monsters. And their belowed capitalism was rejected took a blow. Perhaps they
somehow know what is coming; the global collapse of capitalism, just like
Maharishi predicted.