in rebuttal to myself below, I have to correct something.  I just checked it
out on the metric conversion chart.  If 80 grams of PETN was all that the
underwear bomber had on him, it would be very difficult to take the plane down.
 The only way I can imagine pulling it off is one of 2 ways:

1.  Place the explosives right next to the fuel tank (which is not possible
from the cabin)
2.  Very carefully place the explosives on the window or very close to the
window to guarantee the detonation will create at least somewhat of a hole in
the side of the aircraft (this would be a little time consuming, which may be
how he was caught)

seekliberation

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seekliberation" <seekliberat...@...>