--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltabl...@...>
wrote:

> The idea of hiding a legitimate family is soooo fey.
> It turns the world of scandals on its head! And why
> leak it this way rather than announce it himself?
> My head is spinning with all the WTF implications.

It's really great to have your real-world
perspective back here, Curtis. :-) That in
fact IS the larger issue -- that any person
or group of persons could *conceivably*
think that being married was something that
should be *hidden* from one's followers in
a spiritual organization. WTF is the *only*
relevant question.

> It's like having someone sidle up to you at a party
> and in a hushed whisper ask if you want to go out
> back and drink some soda with them.
>
> "Ooooh I've got some great Coke man."
>
> "Sorry but I don't do blow, thanks anyway."
>
> "No man Coca Cola with ice. After I drink a couple
> I'll confess to being happily married."

That's it exactly.

It's not the being married that is a "scandal."
It's not even the systematic LYING that has
to have taken place for eight years that is
the "scandal." The scandal is that anyone on
planet Earth could think that being married
is something one should hide.

THAT is mind-boggling. THAT is silliness on
*exactly* the same level that you parody above,
like sneakin' out behind the barn to sneak a
drink of Coca-Cola.

WHAT HAPPENED to Maharishi to make him
believe that he had to hide his own affairs with
women? WHAT HAPPENED to him to make him
believe that he should or had the right to tell
Tony Nader to hide *his assumedly legitimate
marriage*? This is cult weirdness on an order
that makes the robes and the crowns and the
Phalluses Of Invincibility and the enormous
elephant ice sculptures look almost sane.

The TM TBs will react to this revelation the
way they react. I expect most of them to "stuff
it" away somewhere so that they never have to
deal with it at all. A few will deal with the
obvious moral issue of Maharishi clearly having
been shown to have NO PROBLEM with lying
to his followers, and for decades.

But the real issue -- the "corker" for me -- is
HOW COULD ANYONE HAVE GOTTEN SO INSANE
AS TO BELIEVE THAT THEY NEEDED TO HIDE
THE FACT THAT THEY'RE MARRIED?

> "Excuse me I think I'll inhale the laughing gas out
> of the whipped cream cans while I process how weird
> this all is."

Don't bogart that can, my friend. Pass it over to me...