2 Points:

The first, is that secrets are part and parcel (to use MMY's favorite phrase
from the 50's) to the movement.  Secret ceremony, secret mantra, secret sutras,
secret advance techniques.  What the hell, might as well have a secret family.
I'm glad Tony  has one since it might keep him more grounded in reality.  It
doesn't really matter to me one way or another as a Siddha.  The whole raja
thing to moi is just a sideshow.

The second is Hagelin's so-called ignorance.  If his lack of knowledge about
the raja's rugrats is true until recent times, then it leads me to suspect that
John, Bevan, etc., are nothing but socket puppets for those folks behind the
scenes that have the real power and set policy. The TMO is a nice little money
making machine for somebody and it is the ignorance and sincerity of the public
figures that makes that machine attractive and run smoothly.  Dedicated
practitioners like myself who have a skeptical nature see through this pretense
and look for the tools and services that may have some benefit, and laugh off
the rest of the malarkey.