> <snip>
> > I'm going to repost this under a different title
> > and without the smiley face, just to see whether
> > anyone else sees it as having the import I see.
> >
> > What I see in this "message" from Da King is not
> > only an indication of a power struggle between
> > Girish and Da King, and between Da King and Hagelin,
> > but a "Dogma Struggle" as well.
> >
> > If this is a real message, what is going on is that
> > Da King -- the person whom Maharishi left in charge
> > of the TM movement, and with the power to speak
> > "from the level of all the laws of nature" -- has
> > been forced to RETRACT a point of dogma delivered
> > by one of Da King's major lieutenants, Hagelin.
> >
> > This is HUGE.
>
> Don't anybody faint, but I agree with Barry on almost
> everything he suggests in this post. Shemp's very
> clever "What Nader really said" post last night was
> getting at the same dynamic.
>
> > For decades the magic word "Maharishisez" has been
> > used to give suggestions the supposed "authority of
> > Maharishi," in effect making them a *command*. One
> > of the people who has invoked the Holy Maharishisez
> > the most often is John Hagelin. Now Hagelin is being
> > publicly "corrected" and scolded for having used the
> > Holy Maharishisez inappropriately.
>
> Apparently only inadvertently publicly. Obviously
> this letter wasn't intended for mass distribution.
>
> > This message is in effect a *retraction* of Hagelin's
> > use of the Holy Maharishisez. And interestingly, it
> > seems to have been forced upon the person whom Maha-
> > rishi left in charge of the movement by the person
> > Maharishi did NOT leave in charge of the movement,
> > but who controls its purse strings.
>
> And who at one time may have expected that *he*
> would be left in charge.
>
> > At the same time, Girish has managed to put Da King
> > on the defensive, having to come up with reasons WHY
> > Maharishi would have "blessed this situation." But,
> > as he say, "we do not need to necessarily get into
> > them right now." Yeah, right.
> >
> > Personally I suspect that Girish realized that if it
> > became "Maharishisez Dogma" that marriage was not only
> > OK but something that brings "stability and strength
> > to the Kingdom," what is going to happen to all the
> > donations continually flowing in from the people on
> > Purusha and Mother Divine who have been convinced to
> > be celibates all this time? Will they decide instead
> > to spend a little of their money and their time on a
> > family, now that they know that doing so would bring
> > "stability and strength to the Kingdom?"
> >
> > And even MORE important, what about the thousands of
> > little brown boys who have been essentially sold to
> > Girish by their families, and whom he was training to
> > look at celibacy as the "highest path?" His whole
> > Rent-A-Pundit *empire* is threatened by the idea of
> > marriage and kids being "approved" by the invocation
> > of the Holy Maharishisez.
>
> Eminently plausible.
>
> On the other hand, what I stil don't get is why
> [...]
You're agreeing with Barry and Barry and Curtis are in a small tiff.

It's the end of the world!

Seriously this latest development is utterly fascinating on so many levels. It
comes damn close to confirming the long predicted (by me and others) schism
between the Shrivastava/Varma clan in India and the Vlodrop white boys.

Hang on to your hats (and crowns) gang, this is gonna get good!